Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you a Transportation Modeler, with rail experience, that is looking to work in a Consultancy environment with a difference?
Would you like to join a business where you can develop and implement innovative strategies that can have a large, measurable impact on large-scale railway development schemes, and provide economic benefits to local communities?
The Civils & Infrastructure Team at Ford & Stanley Recruitment is proud to be working in partnership with SLC Rail, a rapidly growing rail consultancy with a HQ in Birmingham and several new offices across the UK. This is a business that has built itself a reputation as being a ‘safe pair of hands’, for large-scale railway developments.
They are now looking for experienced Transportation Modelers to join their recently created Demand Forecasting & Appraisal team.
As a Transportation Modeler at SLC, you will be responsible for developing data models and presenting concurrent data that can be applied to their clients’ schemes and business cases, working very closely with other internal business units, on these developments.
Due to their selectiveness of work, and the ‘partnered’ approach SLC takes with its clients, there is a far higher likelihood that your ideas and schemes will be implemented into these developments.
We are looking for highly analytical, enthusiastic individuals, who have the drive and passion to help grow and develop this business unit. There is a lot of potential for growth in this area, and prospective candidates will be responsible for the training and development of more junior members. This is a chance for the right people to have a real impact on the wider business, offering them an excellent opportunity for further career development.
Location (s): West Midlands / Flexible Working / Remote
£40,000 to £65,000 – dependent on experience.
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Yearly profit share bonus
- Income protection and life insurance
- The option to buy and sell annual leave
- Corporate Eyewear scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, with the option to add family members for an additional fee
- Paid professional subscriptions
- A competitive pension matched up to 6%
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working on strategic rail modeling projects
- Developing innovative data analytics and modeling tools and applying them in schemes and business cases to show how transport could enable their clients’ strategic transport plans.
- Project and task management on modeling projects to include model development, calibration, validation, demand forecasting, and economic appraisal
- Provide key inputs to the development of business cases and scheme assessments
- Liaise with clients and other project stakeholders
- Undertake business development activities including proposal writing and preparation.
- Experience working in a comparable, rail-related role. (Essential)
- Experience working with rail industry data and analytic tools such as Lennon and MOIRA. (Essential)
- Good working knowledge of PDFH and TAG appraisal methods. (Essential)
- Familiarity with GIS mapping software. (Desirable)
- Hold relevant qualifications, e.g., MSc in Transportation Planning. (Desirable)
- Must be within commuting distance of Birmingham, B1. (Essential)
Potential Job Titles
Transportation Modeler, Transport Modeler, Transportation Planner, Transport Planner, Transportation Consultant
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.