Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you an Electromechanical design engineer looking to be a recognised industry expert on safety critical equipment?
Ford & Stanley are currently working with an electromechanical parts & components supplier to the Railway Industry. Due to continued growth & demand, and the need to streamline and improve current star products, they are looking to hire a Senior Design Engineer. They are currently a key supplier of a critical legacy Relayer within Rail. They require a Design Engineer to improve the manufacturing process, reinvent the way they are produced and drive change throughout the business to push them to be market leading experts.
The Senior Electromechanical Design Engineer will be a recognised industry expert on essential, safety critical equipment designed to keep Rail running. They will take ownership of the future developments and processes of one of the business’ leading products and work towards becoming the market leading supplier. You will work closely with a range of other engineering teams to identify any key manufacturing issues and write future design specifications. With similar products sold intentionally within the wider Group, the opportunity involves opportunities for international travel to Europe and Asia. Ultimately, this person will be responsible for driving change throughout the company and enabling the business to become industry leaders within the field.
£40,000-£60,000 dependent on experience
- Burton upon Trent: 3 days per week
- Remote working: up to 2 days per week
The ideal candidate
- Electro-mechanical experience or experience with molding or plating within Rail, Automotive, or other similar Safety Critical industries
- Experience with Volume manufacturing and Automated manage factoring
- Knowledge of Safety Critical standards
- Ability to work closely with remote teams
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to become market leading expert on particular safety critical products
- International Travel within Europe and Asia
- Hybrid working (3 days office, 2 days remote)
- Pool Cars available for national travel
- 25 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays)
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.