Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a promising new business and single-handedly build their supply chain, working on their very first contract with one of the biggest new manufacturing facilities in the UK?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Purchasing Manager for a joint venture between two supply chain industry leaders in the manufacturing sector.
With the high potential for success and exponential growth, this business is looking for a knowledgeable and dynamic Senior Buyer/Purchasing Manager, who would build a supply chain from the ground up and will be responsible for all procurement activity to serve some of the first accounts on train manufacturing projects. This is an opportunity to establish a brand-new business that will fill a gap in the market, working with the UK train manufacturers and leading the company towards becoming one of the big players in the sector.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with suppliers to ensure that items are sourced and purchased efficiently and economically.
- Liaise with key accounts and warehouse to prepare quotes for customers that supply their need and achieve the required profit margin and be able to deliver stock as required.
- Monthly forecasting of needs, identifying any shortfalls.
- Expedite important and urgent orders.
- Liaise with customers where necessary to obtain meaningful information to purchase goods required.
The Procurement Manager will be hungry for success and extremely knowledgeable in operational procurement, while also being a proven relationship builder. They will relish the opportunity to travel regularly around the UK and in Europe. Experienced Purchasing Managers will be considered, as well as Senior Buyers who demonstrate the passion for the business and willingness to take on the challenge.
- Supplier Management Experience – owning relationship building and negotiations.
- Relevant industry, such as logistics, rail, distribution – managing high volumes of products/parts.
- German speaking (Desirable).
Closing Date: Please apply asap, applications will close upon offering the right candidate.
Likely Job Titles: Buyer, Lead Buyer, Strategic Buyer, Senior Buyer, Commodity Manager, Category Manager, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.