Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager looking to work with a business that strives for professional excellence, has a solid set of values, and is quickly becoming known as the ‘go-to’ for complex, multidisciplinary rail/station builds and upgrade projects across the UK?
Looking for a modern, flexible and people-centric employer with employee wellbeing sitting at the core of the organisation then look no further.
The Civils & Infrastructure Division of Ford & Stanley is proud to be working in partnership with SLC Rail, a rapidly growing rail consultancy with a HQ in Birmingham and several new offices across the UK.
We are looking for experienced Project Managers, Programme Managers and Senior Project Managers with a track record of successfully delivering large-scale Rail-based construction projects, to work on high-profile schemes across the UK.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to make a difference in their local community, working on a number of high-profile station developments in the West Midlands region, and beyond. Recently completed projects include Birmingham’s University and Perry Bar Stations.
Location (s): West Midlands.
£50-75,000 per annum. (Dependent on experience)
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Yearly profit share bonus.
- Income protection – Should you be unable to work due to serious medical impairment, you will have a high percentage of your salary paid for life.
- Life insurance – 4x annual salary.
- The option to buy and sell annual leave.
- Corporate Eyewear scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance, with the option to add family members for an additional fee.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Competitive pension – matched to 6%
- Fully paid emergency childcare scheme.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave – 90% of salary for 6 months.
- Genuine flexibility over working hours.
- Various discount schemes via an online portal – this can save you up to 10% on your shopping at a number of supermarkets and retailers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, monitor design, tender and supervise the implementation of projects to the agreed targets and client’s satisfaction, delivering the projects to time, cost and quality.
- Act as principal client contact on all aspects of the project. Develop and maintain effective client relationships, monitor client satisfaction levels, and respond urgently to any client concerns. Ensure progress is communicated regularly with Clients and that improvement plans are developed and implemented as necessary to benefit the Project.
- Manage and proactively mitigate risks and obstacles to contractual performance and total project delivery, including obtaining specialist 3rd party support where necessary.
- To lead and direct the project team throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure regular effective communication with clients and within the project team.
- Develop, complete and keep up-to-date Project plans for health, safety, quality and environment. Instigate and manage specific risk assessments as required by the company H&S Policy and specific project requirements.
- Ensure that projects comply fully with all statutory and regulatory provisions including HMRI and the CDM Regulations.
- Monitor work progress and compliance to specifications and standards and collate documentation and records.
- Ensure project costs are regularly reviewed and invoices are raised on a regular basis.
- Attend Project and Management review meetings.
- Some involvement in wider activities may be required as part of the role including; preparing fee estimates, resourcing the programmes, identifying and managing risk, undertaking site visits, managing Health & Safety paperwork and assisting in tender processes.
- Possess a construction or other technical-related degree, preferably in engineering, or a minimum of HNC in a construction-related discipline e.g. Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying. (Essential)
- Hold project management qualifications, such as Prince2, APM, or a Project Management related degree.
- Demonstrable experience working in an established project management environment, either consultancy, main contractor or Network Rail. (Essential)
- Proven experience in delivering projects to the desired outcomes and within quality, time and cost limits.
- Experience in business development-related activities, such as Bid/Tender work, or account development/management. (Desirable)
- Broad experience in multi-disciplinary projects e.g.: new stations, footbridges, freight depots, car parks, and feasibility studies, ideally in the Rail environment.
Potential Job Titles
Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager, Senior Programme Manager, Portfolio Manager.
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.