Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Ford and Stanley Recruitment – Specialists in HR, P.A and Finance have been appointed on the search for a Project Accountant with a passion for innovation to join our Freight operating client on a brand new multi-million-pound project that will revolutionise the UK Rail industry.
A brand-new role for the business and part of the European Rail Traffic Management Project Team which is continuously growing and evolving. An opportunity to make this role your own, without the presence of ‘corporate red tape’ and as such this role has the ability to challenge and change process.
We are looking for a Project Accountant to join the Freightliner ERTMS (European Rail Traffic Management) Project Team to ensure the effective financial management during delivery of the project.
The role will interface with multiple project, internal and external stakeholders to ensure project costs and revenue is appropriately recorded and reported.
- Work with the Project Manager and Project Planner to manage and up-keep the project forecast, Cost of Work Done and Cost to Complete.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA, finalist or QBE accountant.
- Reconciliation, reporting, forecasting, expense management experience in addition to end to end financial experience.
- Previous experience of process improvement and a passion for innovation to help assist bringing in new processes. A passionate individual ready to come on a journey with the team.
- Ensuring correct VAT applications and interpretations.
- Experience of preparing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ability to manage their own time and take full accountability of tasks.
Good to know….
- A brand-new role for the business and part of a growing team, an opportunity to make the role your own, with the ERTMS Team not having the ‘corporate red tape’ and as such this role has the ability to challenge and change process.
- Very exciting time to join the business as the project is the first communication-based train control project for digital signalling with the project having significant financial value over the next 5 years.
- Able to assist with bringing in new processes, Key Performance Indicators and Process Improvement
- The role is remote with flexibility, the ideal candidate must be working the core hours of 10am-3pm. 40 hour working week.
- A strongly motivated team all bought into the vision of growth for the project, with a family feel and brilliant culture.
- Team meetings held primarily near, Crewe, Birmingham, London, Doncaster and Ipswich, the ideal candidate to be living in / close to any of those locations.
- The role offers progression development with the view this individual could be assigned to managing progress of individuals outside of the finance function, within the project and also improvement project challenges.
- Two stage interview process, first stage will be a competency-based discussion via teams with the Senior Finance Business Partner. Second stage will be a ‘Rubber stamping’ final stage interview, 30 minutes on a team’s call with the desired final candidates.
- Low £30k/ Mid £40k / Top end £45k. (May consider £50k for exceptional candidates)
- 25 days holiday +8 stat,
- Pension Scheme
- Salary reviews first 6 months then moving to annually.
- Flexible working available
Friday 24th February 2023
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.