Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Planner – SLC Rail
Would you like to be responsible for major network and economic improvements in communities around the UK?
Do you want to oversee and take responsibilities on a range of infrastructure upgrade projects?
The Civils & Infrastructure arm of Ford & Stanley is proud to be working in partnership with SLC Rail, a rapidly growing rail consultancy with a HQ in Birmingham and several new offices across the UK. Due to an ever increasing portfolio of projects, SLC are looking to hire Planners & Senior Planner across their West Midlands and Northumberland to oversee various infrastructure upgrades across local communities.
- Planner – £45,000-£55,000
- Senior Planner £55,000-£70,000
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays.
- Yearly profit share bonus.
- Income protection and life insurance
- The option to buy and sell annual leave
- Corporate Eyewear scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance, with the option to add family members for an additional fee.
- Paid professional subscriptions.
- Competitive pension.
- To coordinate, evaluate and prioritise the project plan as per the project strategy with the guidance of the Project Manager
- To develop comprehensive, logic linked, project programmes, incorporating resource and skills planning, materials planning, cost estimating, earned value forecasting and reporting.
- To continuously monitor the programmes prepared to accurately reflect progress and maintain accurate progress, earned value, cash prediction, resource data, for internal and external purposes.
- To prepare and maintain risk and mitigation plans to manage critical issues and problems
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of Planning experience in a relevant sector, such as a Rail / Heavy Engineering / Civils / Consultancy Environment
- Extensive experience working with Primavera 6 (P6), and ideally MSP.
- Previously taking lead on larger scale engineer/construction projects (Seniors)
- Effective verbal and written communicators
Planner, Senior Planner, Civils, Project Controller, Project Planner, Planning Manager, Project Scheduler
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.