Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Would you like to work with an international (rail) consultancy powerhouse?
Are you looking for the next step within Overhead Line Electrification (OLE)?
With over 1,400 professionally qualified staff in its rail business, our client provides a broad range of consultancy services to the rail sector, from pure signalling design to the programme management of multidisciplinary projects. The Rail consultancy deliver to all to all key rail markets including bespoke ‘Overhead Line Electrification’ (OLE) design/consultation. The OLE Design Team is one of the most established business units in the organisation and plays a part on most new and recent electrification projects in the UK.
Due to an expanding work bank, we are looking for experienced OLE Design professionals to join several offices across the UK.
Our successful candidates will be joining the leading Rail Design consultancy in the UK, and a business that is renowned for its level of technical expertise, especially regarding Electrification. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting Electrification developments to new and existing rail infrastructure.
They will have access to all the latest tools and systems to ensure success in their role.
There is a clearly defined progression path for all our client’s employees, from Engineer to Senior Engineer, to Principal Engineer, and our successful candidates will also be assigned their own mentor to help with their own professional development, e.g., progression towards chartership, or CRE / CEM Status.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Leading and co-ordinating design packages, and undertaking design assurance for GRIP 4-5, on projects of varying size and scale.
- Emphasis on internal and external stakeholder management, and will be conveying complex technical information to people without an OLE background.
- Producing and checking design drawings, technical reports, calculation sheets, and collaborating with our client organizations.
- Mentoring and developing the more junior team members will also be a key responsibility for Senior level candidates.
- There may also be a requirement for site survey activities and construction support.
- Essential – Experience in OLE Design within the UK Rail market. 3+ years (Engineer) 5+ years (Senior), 10+ years (Principal)
- Essential – Extensive experience with MicroStation, ProjectWise or other relevant BIM software
- Essential – Excellent Verbal / Written communication skills, and demonstrable stakeholder management experience (for our Senior/Principal level candidates).
- Desirable – Experience with financial and budgetary management.
- Desirable – Experience in leading design packages on NEW electrification infrastructure
- Engineer – £35-40,000
- Senior Engineer – £45-55,000
- Principal – Up to £70,000
About Ford & Stanley
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.