Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you looking for the opportunity to help modernise UK rail while specialising in a niche specialist industry?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment are recruiting a National Engineering Compliance Manager for an expert in transport and logistics challenges.
Ford and Stanley Recruitment are working with a specialist Freight Operating Company on their search for a National Engineering Compliance Manager. This vacancy is part of an on-going process of continual improvement and will be assisting a newly appointed Senior Leadership Team to ensure the company is setting the benchmark for competence and best practice throughout the industry.
Best suited to somebody capable of rolling-up their sleeves and getting stuck-in, this role will be involved in the full life-cycle of ensuring a specialist Freight Haulage Company remains compliant in a safety-critical industry; from identifying gaps in knowledge throughout the business, completing risk assessments and rolling out training plans and improvements, through to standardising best practice across multiple sites and ensuring compliance in a safety-critical environment. This is a niche role within rail, offering the opportunity to diversify your knowledge and skillset away from the norm.
Hybrid model with UK travel. Offices throughout the Northwest.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safe operation of all elements of the Engineering & Strategic Asset Management (E&SAM) function, through guidance, support, and coaching to Engineering & Facilities Managers.
- Act as lead point of contact for the Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) team on matters of occupational health, safety, wellbeing, and environmental compliance for the E&SAM function.
- Conduct monthly and annual reviews and audits into compliance against occupational health, safety, wellbeing and environmental standards.
Best suited to a hands-on and dynamic candidate, this role would be a good opportunity for a candidate that has experience devising and implementing processes and procedures within an engineering H&S function.
This is an active role requiring travel around the UK, working with and educating colleagues throughout the business on best practice as well as organising and coordinating required training.
- NEBOSH qualification
- Experience working within the Rail Industry
- Experience with Compliance Management
- Previous experience working with H&S or Compliance within an engineering function
Closing Date: 23 December 2022
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.