Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Ford and Stanley Recruitment are working with a global train track maintenance specialist who have been awarded a major project with Network Rail. Working with a variety On-Track Plant machinery, the Project Engineer will develop deep investigations of complex defects providing solutions to a range of Machine enhancements, Safety improvements, and Obsolescence projects.
With experience working with heavy machinery, the ideal candidate will be creative with a passion for solving one-off problems, they must be confident in communication with people at all levels as they will be working closely with suppliers and end user to determine engineering solutions.
£45,000 – £55,000
Potential for 4% bonus.
Primary base M1-J27 (Sherwood Park) – 3 days a week
Secondary base Nottingha, Eastwood – 1 day a week
Travel to machine locations as required (typically York, Derby – possibility of wider UK travel)
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for design of new equipment and systems design creation, analysis, documentation, launch and ongoing support.
- Conceive, design, develop and analyse machine designs and systems as well as development methods to improve existing designs and machine functionality.
- Improve upon current designs by reducing cost and increasing robustness and reliability.
- Produce or work with a team to revise documentation for existing products.
- Communicate project status through reports, presentations and design reviews.
- Meet deadlines to ensure projects are completed within acceptable time and cost targets.
- To make design trade-offs to ensure lowest overall cost, highest reliability and best in class performance.
- Work with vendors to source and evaluate purchased components and with manufacturing to produce or assemble manufactured components and assemblies.
- Engineering incident and failure investigations.
- Review of machine, sub-system and component safety and reliability.
- Engineering of solutions for machine safety and reliability issues.
- Review of maintenance processes and documentation.
- Experience with the creation of documentation – Modification/Engineering change documents
- HND, HNC or BEng background
- CAD Design Software experience (basic)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.