Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Ford and Stanley Recruitment – Specialists in HR, P.A and Finance have been exclusively appointed on the search for a HR & Recruitment Manager to join one of the largest manufacturers of rail infrastructure products in the UK.
With this company recently celebrating 125 years of manufacturing at their site based on the out skirts of Nottingham and having current employee’s that have been working with the business for nearly 40 years, this opportunity offers career development, personal progression, wider opportunities within the group and an opportunity to join a ‘family feel’ business.
Responsible for efficient management of the Human Capital Management system. To lead the recruitment activity for the business and increase efficiency of processes while reducing the overall cost of recruitment. Delivery of support, advice and service to the managers and employees on various HR matters to enable them to perform effectively and productively in compliance with all relevant employment and other legislations.
- The ideal candidate is to come from a heavy Engineering background, would prefer candidates that have previously worked within a Rail infrastructure business however open to candidates that have worked within similar industrial businesses.
- 3-5 years of recruitment experience within a fast-paced environment, this is to include managing the whole end to end recruitment process, searching job boards, shortlisting CV’s, adding value to the recruitment process and train hiring managers accordingly to follow processes.
- Up to date working knowledge and experience of Employment Law and general legislation.
- The ideal candidate is to have a strong personality, able to deal under pressure, have drive, ambition and a willingness to learn.
- Previous HR Experience, Qualified CIPD or willing to undergo their qualification with the business.
- Basic knowledge of absence reviews, disciplinary reviews, payroll.
- Experience of SAGE, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience of HRIS and other IT systems/ platforms.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and interact with people within and outside of the business. This opportunity requires the ideal candidate to work closely with all members of the team from Shop Floor to the Senior Management Team and communicate effectively to all.
Good to know….
- The opportunity with this business has become available due to them having significant rapid growth and business expansion, with this in mind they are requiring this position in post to bring down business costs and bring all recruitment in house and for this individual to support the HR team with generalist HR tasks. This is a pivotal role to the growing success of the business.
- 37.5 hour working week. The role is based on their site in Nottingham 5 days a week, working hours are 8am till 4pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility around early start and finish times when required. 1 day a week working from home available when required.
- This role is responsible for the recruitment and HR for 3 sites based in, Nottingham, Chesterfield and Edinburgh, therefore during the candidates first initial month there will be travel required to other sites to meet the teams and engage with hiring managers etc. There will then be ad hoc travel when required.
- Initial focus of this role will be on recruitment to be able to take control of the back log of vacant roles.
- The role reports directly into the Senior Regional HR Manager.
- Training is available for candidates within HR, however the candidate must have a basic understanding and a willingness to learn.
- The new hire will be providing support to a further business entity when required in the future once settled in post.
- This business offers many opportunities to progress and learn, both within the company and also the wider Group, you will never feel stagnant within your role. Some employees have been there for 35-40 years, it is very much a family community and their current employees have said “You feel as you have a sense of belonging within the team.”
- The first stage interview will be face to face with the Senior Regional HR Manager. Will be a competency-based discussion.
- Second stage interview will be face to face on site with the Senior Regional HR Manager and a Director of the business. Opportunity for the candidate to have a site tour.
Budget and Benefits:
- Low £40k/ Mid £42k / Top end £45k.
- 25 days holiday +8 stat
- Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Available
- Salary reviews annually
- Flexible working available when required
- Study support available
- Ability to enrol on the ‘Cash Back Plan’
- Death in service x3
- Mental Health support helpline available 24/7
- Retail discounts
- 1 professional membership funded per year, would look to support a candidate completing their CIPD qualification.
Wednesday 22nd March 2023
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.