Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you looking for the opportunity to ensure the safety and wellbeing of drivers, working for a well-established and reputable freight business?
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting for an unflappable Transport Planner/Manager to join a well-established Freight Business, maintaining, and improving their reputation as a leader in their field through adaptive problem solving in response to unforeseeable events affecting the Rail Network. Working in a real-time planning and management control centre, this role is vital to ensure the safety and on-time delivery of services up and down the country.
Rugby: due to the work patterns the candidate must be based less than 1 hour away.
Hours: 12-hour shifts, nights and weekends required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Active communication between staff involved in running the scheduled services and in cases of widespread disruption to services, the Management Team and various customers.
- Continuous monitoring and control of resources to ensure that they are provided at the correct time and place as demanded by Daily Train Plan, rosters, loco and train plans.
- Minimise and manage the effects of operational incidents, cancellations, and lateness.
- Continued monitoring of services, to ensure that they are correctly controlled and regulated by Network Rail, and that the company are not disadvantaged against other train services.
- Complying with Rail Group Standards and all company standards, processes and procedures, Codes of Practice, Rules and Regulations and procedural instructions relevant to the activity.
This role will require a resilient character who’s able to problem solve and take setbacks in their stride due to the real-time aspect of the role, working to resolve issues as they arise and mitigating any domino-effect from unforeseen events.
- Previous experience in a logistics/transport planning/management role.
- IT Skills – experience of using Microsoft Excel.
- Adaptable and calm nature.
- Customer service background (desirable).
Closing Date: Please apply ASAP, as the position will move to interview stage when the right candidates are selected.
Likely Job Titles: Transport manager, Transport Planner, Transport supervisor, Transport Shift Manager, Shift Support, Freight
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.