Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Ford & Stanley the Rail Recruitment Specialists – Are looking for an experienced Fleet Engineer to join a well established, leading supplier of rail wagon maintenance and repair services.
Are you a Mechanical Engineer aspiring to look after a fleet of 1700 freight vehicles under the tutorship of experienced engineers?
Ford and Stanley Recruitment – are working with an established, leading supplier of rail wagon maintenance and repair services. This is an opportunity for a mechanical engineer, ideally with a degree level qualification, to be responsible for managing engineering and technical issues relating to the safe operation of all rail wagon fleets under the control of the company. Combining technical challenge and customer relationships, the fleet engineer position is the perfect next step for a mechanical engineer hungry for challenge and responsibility.
The position reports directly into the Fleet Engineering & Quality Manager giving you the opportunity to learn and develop new skills with a great support network in a business with a real team orientated focus.
Location(s): Open to location – Remote working and travel to depots required
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day Engineering / Technical assistance as appropriate.
- Produce and interpret engineering data and recommend required actions
- Review engineering documents including standards, specifications, and technical documents, interpret requirements and recommend actions.
- Produce clear and precise engineering reports.
- Undertake regular site visits to audit and inspect wagons to ensure wagon quality is maintained in line with the Maintenance Specification.
- Attend sites when required to support the operations team and offer engineering support.
- Attend customer meetings as required by the contract managers.
- Resolve engineering issues both internally and externally relating to allocated customers
- Review engineering processes and recommend any continual improvements.
- Strong Communication Skills (Liaising with Internal & External Stakeholders)
- Driving Licence
- HNC or Higher Qualification
- Engineering Background
Closing Date: August 8th 2022
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.