Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Ford & Stanley Digital are currently partnered with a Global Engineering & Technology consultancy. They support a varied client base within the Rail sector with current projects across ROSCOs, TOC’s and OEMs. Our client is currently partnered with an internationally renowned Technology leader in an early-stage project with Network Rail. Gathering requirements, the team is working to understand the current interlocking technologies in place within Rail and how new/better products can be engineered. At present, the project team is made up of c.20 employees across Software, Systems, and Safety Engineering.
The Engineering team is focused on building pillars of capabilities and is currently looking for a confident and astute ETCS System Designer/Engineer. The focus of this role is to lead on the system architecture of ETCS products and understand Network Rail’s current offering in this product area, with the focus to tailor to a local line. This role offers the opportunity to partner with one of the world’s most respected technology companies and have a direct hand in the design of new rail technology for the UK’s largest railway project.
- The systems integration rig consists of a TMS, Interlocking, ATO-TS, Train, and Trackside simulator, and an RBC.
- Create the system integration test specification for the integration
- Led the Systems Engineering activities for the Data preparation system application for ETCS and CBTC applications. This includes creating the System Requirements specification, System Architecture, and Design definition.
Key Essential Criteria
- Strong experience as a System Engineer
- Experience with Railway Signalling or ETCS technologies
- Experience UML & Doors experience
- Experience with RBC, Interlocking, or Control Centres is highly desirable.