Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you a Production Engineer with rolling stock experience, looking for an opportunity to work with one of the leading manufacturing businesses in Rail? Do you want to be involved in the pre-production activities, and production activities for the ETCS on-board freight installation project?
This is an opportunity for a Production Engineer, with previous experience of working on retrofit, modification, or overhaul projects to be responsible for supporting the ETCS freight project throughout installation and fleet fitment.
Ensuring that all technical queries are resolved and assisting in fault resolutions, the Production Engineer position is the perfect next step for an experienced engineer who is looking to work on an exciting, modern innovative project within a growing team.
Salary Banding + Benefits
3% Annual Bonus
Access to Pool Car
Derby – Flexible working
Travel required to various depots up to a 70 miles radius of Derby
Role & Responsibility
Working closely with Installation Manager, Fitment Partner, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Factory and Customer the Production Engineer shall be responsible for:
- Managing, raising, and closing of Technical Queries at fitment partner(s) sites
- Instructing the Factory on manufacturing requirements in conjunction with Materials Manager
- Carry out formal reviews of Designs and modification instructions relating to fitment
- Working with fitment partners to optimize installation methods
- Produce and maintain installation documentation
- Assist in fault resolution as a first line response
- Control documentation in accordance with project requirements
- Structure the technical content on the Bill(s) of Materials and lead the resolution of technical issues
- Ongoing management of the Bill of Materials to ensure all engineering changes are captured accurately.
- Support the fitment partner (s) in specifying any jigs, fixtures and tooling that are required
- Proven experience in Rail Vehicles retrofit/modification projects
- Detailed knowledge in continuous improvement
- Minimum level 3 apprenticeship in a recognised trade e.g. Mechanical, electrical
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software, ideally, SAP and Teamcenter
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy