Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Environmental Health & Safety Advisor with a hands-on approach required to ensure compliance and government regulations are implemented by engaging with employees to improve the safety culture of a 10-acre rail track heavy engineering facility.
Ford & Stanley Recruitment – Are looking for an EHS Advisor to provide leadership, mentoring, and direction across a rail track manufacturing facility. Ensuring employee health and the environment is protected the EHS advisor will work closely with the EHS manager enforcing company standards.
Location: Sandiacre / Sheffield – 3 days in Sandiacre /2 in Sheffield
Salary: £40,000 – £41,500
The ideal candidate must have strong knowledge and experience of EHS regulations, programs, and policies. They must have a hands-on approach and be willing to get stuck in with colleagues and be able to influence. A strong understanding of EHS regulations and corporate standards is essential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage EHS systems to maintain accreditation to both ISO45001 and ISO14001 standards
- Conduct internal EHS audits and assist in preparation for external audits and visits
- Identifies common safety/health/environmental hazards inherent in the organizations operations and works with Head of EHS or corporate EHS to establish guidelines for protection from those hazards.
- Prepares or reviews EHS training materials for the facility under their scope and/or Performs training that has already been developed and recommends further training requires, based on known hazards and risks within the business.
- Assists management in addressing and correcting Compliance Audit findings.
- Monitor, track, and follow up on Safety Improvement cards that are submitted at the Sheffield Facilities
- Performs or manages incident investigations where required and ensure all documentation is filled out correctly
- Utilises and modifies the corporations “best management practice” programs and plans to fit the needs of the facility.
- Carry out frequent walks of facilities shop floors engaging with employees to improve the safety culture
- Investigates and establishes standards for protective equipment.
- Performs self-assessments of safety/health/environmental programs for compliance with company standards, government regulations, and adequacy relative to local conditions.
- Responsible for the management and governance of the site’s Legionella management systems including the preparation of all documentation, maintenance of records and submissions to the relevant enforcement agencies.
- Management and governance of the sites waste management systems including the preparation of all documentation, maintenance of records and submissions to the relevant enforcement agencies.
- Provide support and advice to facility departments in the review and update of COSHH, PUWER and Risk Assessments, to ensure their suitability and sufficiency
- Assists and Deputises for the Head of EHS in their absence and assists in the development of the EHS strategy planning
- Monitors the compliance of the Asbestos Management Register and Risk Plan where applicable
- To conduct and maintain the SafeTrack and EHS Walk systems
- Experience in a heavy engineering environment/ heavy movements.
- NEBOSH general certificate.
- Strong understanding of EHS regulations and corporate standards.
- Open to working in an older premise.
Other information: A pre-employment Drugs & Alcohol test and Medical must be passed prior to start.
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.