Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Ford and Stanley Recruitment – are working with one of the world’s most respected professional services, engineering, and project management firms. They are looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to lead and manage the technical delivery of the design function across multiple projects on a range of scales,
Offices throughout the UK – (1 day on-site a week required)
Roles and Responsibilities
This individual would be and the management of a team of consultants, internal stakeholders, external stakeholders, and clients. These projects may be with a client or working on an internal project. Whether you take focus on one larger project or various smaller projects, the role provides a true variation.
- Leadership of a team of design engineers that includes the planning of resource and managing KPIs.
- Work as a Design Manager on design projects.
- Take the lead in bidding and delivering projects, liaising directly with the end client and taking accountability for design delivery.
- Work closely with Project Managers to deliver the design projects.
- Provide input to the bidding process to ensure that all engineering requirements are captured.
- Work with industry suppliers to define the requirements for Component/Module installation and packaging.
- Work closely with team leaders, section heads and others, focusing on a range of skills in engineering design activities.
- Provide impartial input to design projects as an independent endorser and reviewer, helping to ensure a consistent and high level of quality
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven management experience
- Strong experience in electrical design
- Demonstrable experience in leading projects
- Experience in the rolling stock industry
About Ford & Stanley
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.