Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you looking for the opportunity to manage a team of Design Engineers, working for a specialist in effective rail power solutions.
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are recruiting a Design Engineering Manager for a specialist in electrical control panels and switchgears.
Ford and Stanley Recruitment are partnering with a specialist in Rail Trackside Power Solutions on their search for a Design Engineering Manager. Working with clients to confirm requirements and then liaising with technical sales, production and junior Design Engineers, this role will be tasked with bringing a “right first time” ethos to the business and ensuring all work is carried out efficiently and effectively.
This role will require an experienced Switchgear Design Engineer with proven and demonstrable leadership experience and effective management of a design led engineering team, whilst also being capable of transitioning from client meetings to the design board and then into staff 1-2-1’s on a regular basis, this is an opportunity for somebody to leave their mark on the department and, in turn, the wider business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility and accountability for managing a small design team and projects to ensure a high level of service and product to satisfy the needs of the customer.
- Develop and lead a functional team to support the business and satisfy production, procurement and customer requirements to maintain the production schedule.
- Apply knowledge, skill, and experience to design and implementation of new innovative solutions
- Experience in Switchgear Design. Must have a good and demonstrable knowledge of the product.
- Proven and demonstrable experience with leadership. Must be able to set KPIs and mentor less experienced Design Engineer.
- Must be able to work through entire product lifecycle; from initial concept, through design and production/manufacturing, working with sales and production.
Closing Date: 23 December 2022
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.