Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Requirement for a Commercial manager with experience of dealing with government or industry bodies required to represent a major train operating company at a government / group level, ensuring that the business plans to successfully deliver on its obligations to the Department for Transport.
Ford & Stanley Recruitment are working with a leading Train Operating Company as they look for a Client Relationship Manager to help support the team by managing all commercial aspects of the National Rail Contract relationship with the Department of Transport and internal stakeholders, whilst protecting the interest of the shareholders. This opportunity will offer the successful candidate variety where no two days will be the same as they manage contracts ensuring that the company adhere to new and standing regulations. This person will be responsible for setting personal targets for the team such as KPI’s and objectives, so it is essential they have had experience with people management.
Are you looking for the opportunity to build relationships across the DfT, parent operating group and Great British Rail? You will have the autonomy to take ownership of the commercial contract aspects of a company by translating and presenting policy changes to the wider business. A role that is backed from the top down as you lead all day-to-day client relationship activities. This person will be the point of contact for all client relationship queries as well as ensuring the best processes and resources are in place to maximise client engagement.
Birmingham, hybrid flexibility with 2-3 days working from home.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Business Plan Commitments are on track and contractually managed through change processes as required.
- Attend meetings representing Client Relationships Team, internally and externally, as needed.
- Understand the deliverables set by the Department for Transport and make sure the company is following contracted commitments.
- Experience with stakeholder management.
- Computer literate – experienced in writing reports.
- Commercial experience to maximise shareholder engagement.
- Previously managed a team setting objectives and KPI’s on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis.
- High level understanding of rail contracting.
- Able to understand substantial amounts of information quickly and accurately and seek appropriate action to deliver realistic solutions.
Closing Date: 31/03/23
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.