Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Systems Engineer with expert knowledge of battery pack solutions required to get hands on and teach the team to be market leaders in producing high voltage battery systems for high performance vehicles such as Formula E.
As a result of a joint venture between two major players in the Rail and Automotive industry, Ford & Stanley Recruitment are working with a battery manufacturer whose mission is to manufacture innovative high-voltage batteries for the high-performance Automotive industry. Due to several project wins, they have exciting plans throughout 2023 as they look to double in size from 40-80 heads.
This role will play a pivotal part in the business developing its own in-house technical battery capability and become less reliant on external support. The role will have 2 key functions. Firstly, new product introduction and system integration working with clients on how the builds will commence. Secondly and 70% of the role will be to provide technical support to the technicians on any fault-finding maintenance programmes that occur.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Planning, management and performance of cell and battery testing.
- Development of test strategies and methodologies.
- Assistance in proposal development.
- Support of battery build and testing.
- Fault-finding and identification of potential solutions.
Requirement for a Battery Pack Systems expert in the first of its kind for the business giving you the opportunity to shape the role into what you want. Unlike working for a major Automotive manufacturer you will have the opportunity to make changes and implement new processes. There is huge desire and backing from the board to grow and develop the business making it an exciting time to join and be part of the success.
- Battery Pack Expert (full systems not just cell).
- Engineering Degree in Electrical/Electronic or relevant.
- Fault finding/ ability to advise and technically support others.
- Stakeholder management to communicate with customers on technical issues.
- Demonstrable experience of working with high-current and automotive high-voltage (12 to 1200Vdc) power systems, (connectors, bus bars, cables, contactors & fusing).
- Experienced in delivering PFMEA for hybrid or electric vehicle battery systems.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with the project team and customers.
Closing Date: 14th
About Ford & Stanley Group
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness.
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.