Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Are you an Asset Management specialist looking for the next step in your career?
Do you want to work in a role that will offer you the freedom and autonomy to make a real difference to the railway network in your area?
The Civils and Infrastructure Division at Ford and Stanley are proud to be working in partnership with a leading Train Operating Company in the Greater London Area. The team are looking for a confident and astute Asset Manager to oversee all Buildings/Civils-related assets across their station portfolio, including buildings, platforms, footbridges/paths, and canopies.
As an Asset Manager, you will be stepping into a unique and multi-faceted role, one which offers huge potential for personal and professional development. The next step up from this role will be Senior Asset Manager, but the experience that you will gain within this role could open up a number of opportunities within the wider business, further down the line.
Once fully competent, you will be operating in relative autonomy and will have the ability to implement your own ideas, change, challenge, and streamline existing processes, and make a real difference in how the business unit operates.
There is also the potential for this business unit to grow, through the development of an in-house Facilities Management team, which could offer another interesting element to the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the management of reactive and PPM.
- Managing outside Contractors/Designers.
- Commercial & Contract Management (budgeting, tendering, procurement of contractors).
- Completing/managing H&S and compliance documentation.
- Specification scoping and site inspections/auditing.
£50-57,000 per annum (dependent on experience).
- 25 days holiday plus all bank /public holidays recognised in England.
- Free travel on the local rail network, and discounted travel on other National Rail services.
- Final salary pension scheme.
- Access to an online benefits portal, a one-stop shop for various rewards and benefits.
East London / South Essex
The ideal candidate
- Experience in a relevant role/industry. We can consider Asset Management professionals from rail, or another relevant industry, such as highways or utilities. We may also consider other construction/engineering professionals with good all round-building fabric experience, such as Fit-out based Project Managers, Section Managers, Design Managers, and Construction Managers.
- High level of H&S awareness. Relevant H&S training/accreditation would be ideal.
- Excellent Communication / Stakeholder management skills.
- Relevant Construction/Engineering related qualifications, such as BSc Degree, or NVQ level 3 equivalent.
- Experience operating within the rail sector (desirable).
Relevant Job Titles
Asset Engineer, Asset Manager, Project Manager, Section Manager, Design Manager, and Construction Manager.
Ford & Stanley Group are in the business of people and performance. Our mission is to create one million better workdays through facilitating great recruitment, leadership and occupational mental fitness
Ford & Stanley Group Ltd is a Disability Confident Committed employer and is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy.