Ford & Stanley Recruitment
Ford & Stanley – The Rail Recruitment Experts are working with CAF Rail UK to source an Activator for the Assembly Plant in Newport, who will be providing the day-to-day scheduling and delivery of material and/or equipment from the supply chain. A business area that is integral to keeping production running and delivering CAF’s state of the art new trains on time.
The Opportunity- This is the opportunity to play an integral part in the delivery of the brand-new fleets of trains. Reporting to the Activation Manager, the Activator must ensure an integrated supply strategy to ensure that parts supply flows seamlessly from the supplier’s site to point of use. A key requirement is to identify and manage supply-chain and supplier dependencies resulting from but not limited to engineering change, BOM inaccuracies, free issue parts and NCRS.
Location: Newport, Wales.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that materials required for plant production are scheduled & delivered in accordance with the ongoing build programme and stipulated lead times.
- Actively promote materials PULL, JIT and inventory optimisation systems.
- Responsible for mobilising project material requirements by ensuring that all processes are in place for a smooth transition from procurement to Activation Manager.
- Maintain & manage CAF BAAN MRP / ERP system to reflect material requirements based on project build and suppliers lead times.
- Manage day-to-day expediting of materials required for direct & indirect production.
- Act as the key interface between supply chain, projects & procurement re all supplier delivery and performance matters.
- Monitor supplier delivery performance using the CAF OTIF kpi model.
- Manage supplier delivery none conformance.
- Identify risks in material supply and take evasive action to ensure continuity of supply i.e. change requests, production bottlenecks etc.
- Escalate and foreseen supplier performance issues to the relevant Page 2 of 4 function i.e. procurement, quality, etc.
- Conduct supplier site follow up as required. Participate in supplier reviews as required.
- Actively work with internal teams and suppliers to reduce supplier lead times.
- Track manage and control stock movements across CAF warehouses.
- Manage free issue of material as & where applicable.
- Compile materials exceptions reports on a regular basis.
- Ensure materials are received and booked in correctly to avoid line delays.
- Work on best practice principles by adopting and or shaping existing internal processes.
- Lead and represent Activation Manager in supplier readiness & mobilisation reviews.
- Record keeping
- Ensure accurate records are completed and maintained in accordance with procedures in place,
- An engaging personality who has energy and is looking to develop and continue their learning
- Communication skills – able to manage stakeholders and push back
- Spanish speaking
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment (understands production processes)
Other Job titles – Material Controller, Supply Chain Controller, Operational Procurement Controller
Ford & Stanley Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for all opportunity seekers. We shall and will review on an on-going basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. We will treat everyone equally irrespective sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief or political beliefs and we place an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy